Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Introductions

My name is Emmett Drea and i am from the neighborhood of Pilsen on the south side of Chicago. I was born on January 9th 1995 and have lived in the same house my entire life and don't have plans on moving anytime soon. I am an only child and i wouldn't have it any other way. I got to travel a lot when i was younger because of my parents having an exhibition a bout gun violence in the united states where my dad takes pictures of people from all over the country who have been shot and survived. They have had showings all around Chicago, the national civil rights museum in Memphis, and most recently Grace Cathedral.
Growing up I went to the preschool at the Fourth Presbyterian Church downtown on Michigan avenue on a scholarship. Then I went Galileo Math and science academy from kindergarten until third grade and then i went to Newberry academy until 6th grade. I left Newberry because i knew that i didn't have a good chance of getting into whitney so i went to LaSalle Language Academy. Ive known for a really long time I have wanted to go to Whitney Young since i was about in 6th grade and I want to go somewhere i would have the best chance to do that. My 8th grade year at LaSalle I got to go to Germany for a couple of weeks and it was one of the best experiences of my life. When i found out i was going to Whitney i was felt so accomplished.
I love being at Whitney Young and i couldn't imagine going to any other school.

No comments:

Post a Comment